Maine Forest Service investigating suspicious wildfire in Kennebunk | News
KENNEBUNK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The Maine Forest Service is investigating a suspicious wildfire that broke out on Maguire Road in Kennebunk Saturday afternoon.
The Forest Service says the fire burned several acres and threatened five homes before being brought under control. The Kennebunk Fire Department assisted the Forest Service in putting out the fire.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, and Forest Rangers believe it may have been set.
The wildfire was one of more than two dozen reported across Maine on Saturday.
The Forest Service says the fire danger remains very high across Maine, and they are urging the public to be careful with any outdoor fires.
Anyone with information on the suspicious wildfire in Kennebunk or any other suspicious wildfires is asked to call the Wildfire Arson Hotline at 1-800-987-0257.
Photo is courtesy the Maine Forest Service
Upcoming Events near Biddeford - Saco
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.