Biddeford YMCA evacuated | News
BIDDEFORD, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The York County YMCA building was evacuated Tuesday night, when several people in the pool area got sick.
Firefighters believe too much chlorine was ejected into the pool. Staff members at the YMCA evacuated the building when people started complaining about respiratory problems and skin irritation. In all about ninety people were evacuated. First responders treated about twenty of them at the scene and eight more went to the hospital.
Emergency crews have allowed people back into the building. The York County YMCA will be open Wednesday.