Brain Injury: From Surviving to Thriving | Blogs
Hilary Zayed had to reinvent herself after she fell off her horse several years ago and suffered a traumatic brain injury. She used to be an elementary school teacher, but her brain can no longer handle the sensory input — bells ringing, children walking and talking, all the hub bub that normally happens in an elementary school. So, teaching is out for Hilary, along with some other things that were an integral part of her life. "I was a horseback rider, that's out," she says. "The neurologist says one more fall, it will kill me. I was a flute player and now can't stand the sound. Gone. Everything I did is gone, so I had to reinvent myself with something I found interest in." Read more
Upcoming Events near Biddeford - Saco
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Portland police arrest N.Y. man on forgery charges
- Clean Water Bond could correct mistakes by investing in water quality improvements.
- Million Meals Maine feeds starving children
- A car struck a pedestrian in Scarborough
- The closure of a small section of Higgins Beach has ruffled some feathers in Scarborough.